#leadershiptruth – Sometimes, you’re a jerk.

Posted August 15, 2017 in Latest News & Insights

Let’s face it, everyone has bad days. It’s easy to be a wonderful leader when things are going well and life is flowing. It’s harder to manage our ‘darkside’ behaviours when we’re under stress or pressure. As someone who spends 90% of my time thinking about leadership (the other 10% is spent on bookkeeping), I still screw up fairly regularly. You’re not always going to get it right. Some days you’re going to be the version of yourself that you like the least. What works for me is to pay attention and be aware of the things that triggered me and learn from that. Then be kind to yourself. Tomorrow is a new day and, as Maya Angelou famously said, ‘when you know better, you can do better’. #leadershiptruth


Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *